Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Next Steps

Today I had appointments to see my Oncologist for my post op appointment as well as my plastic surgeon. For the last week I have been super nervous to the point of clenching my teeth till my face hurt and feeling sick to my stomach from stress. Now that I am done with the appointments I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my chest. At the oncologists office I was able to schedule my first 2 chemo appointments. I will be starting on Monday. I will be going every other week for 16 weeks. That puts me at finishing up chemo in the end of July. I am super happy that I will have at least 1 month of my summer without having chemo:-)  I got my port flushed and everything looked great there. Then we were off to the plastic surgeon. He said everything looks great and I am healing nicely. Also I FINALLY GOT MY DRAINS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had them in for 5 weeks so it feels amazing to have them out. One less thing to be self conscious about. Now I only have to worry about my lack of ta tas.  Pretty much good news all around. I am now moving on to the next steps. One more step toward being done:-)

Now on to the not so good news. We have been hit by the stomach bug:-( I had it last week, Bry got it yesterday, and now Mady has it. She stayed with my inlaws last night and was up all night getting sick. Poor Nonna and Grandpa Paul!  Now we are waiting for the other 2 to get it. I am breaking out the Clorox wipes and am sanitizing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment