Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lots Going On in the Reed House

It has been a bit since my last post. There has been so much going on in the last couple of weeks we have been super busy. In my last post I was hoping to keep my hair until after the Jog for Jugs and Mothers Day. Well that did not end up happening. After my second round of chemo it started to fall out. By Friday it was coming out in handfuls and I could not take it anymore. I knew what had to be done but I was not looking forward to it at all. Bry was out with his coworkers so Sam came over and shaved my hair off. I cried my eyes out looking in the mirror for the first time. Bry came home just in time for my meltdown.  As hard as it was to lose my hair it was actually a relief. I feel like it was the last big step in this process. I have a bin full of cute hats and scarfs and 2 beautiful wigs that I have been rocking.

On Saturday we had our annual Jog for Jugs 5k and half marathon race. I was so overwhelmed with the outpouring of support of friends and family that showed up to do this race to support me. My brother designed beautiful shirts that pretty much was worn by almost 1/2 of the racers. They announced me as a survivor and I had a few tears come through at the beginning of the race.  Huge thanks to my Dad, Nicky, and Sam for all of your hard work working on the shirts and coordinating everything for the race. Thank you all who came out to support me as well!

Mothers Day was pretty low key this year. We went to Hoffmans Playland with my inlaws. The kids had a blast and we celebrated Bryan Paul's birthday as well. All in all it was a really great weekend.

This week was my 3rd round of chemo. This was the first week where I was not dreading going. I actually was looking forward to a little quiet time watching my Vampire Diaries. I found this to be another big step for me.  I went in to this week with an "I got this" attitude. I kept up with my meds after and got through my rough days. Now I get a week of normal, yeahhhhhh!

This past Thursday my sister in law Jessica hosted a 31 party in my honor. Tera who is a good friend of the family is a consultant and wanted to do this party and donate her commission to me. I am so proud to have so many people around to support me.  We had a blast at the party and I can not wait to get my bags:-)

These next couple of weeks are going to be a bit difficult. Bry has his Guard 2 weeks away in June. I will have a chemo session while he is gone. I was going to put it off a week but decided that I really want to be done with this process as soon as possible so I am going to push through.

Thank you all for all of your love and support. The meals have been such an amazing help and are so much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, I was actually just reading a few of your posts and had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, it would be much appreciated thanks!

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete