Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Second Round of Chemo

I had my second round of chemo yesterday. I cried all morning not wanting to go. The worst part is I am gradually starting to lose my hair. I noticed it yesterday morning of all days. That did not help with the emotional junk of dealing with the chemo. I was hoping to hold out until Mothers Day before shaving, we will see. Mady asks me daily when I am going to lose my hair. She has also agreed to grow out her hair for Locks of Love which is a program where people donate their hair for people going through chemo. She will be rocking the bob for a few months but she is happy she is doing this for people like me.

I seem to be getting the hang of my side effects and are trying to take my meds to keep on top of it. It is a learning process:-)

I am so excited for the Jog for Jugs and Mothers Day this weekend. I am hoping to be feeling good enough for everything, and still have some hair;-)

HUGE shout out to Bry, and Sam who are not only my emotional support but help me out beyond words. Also to my parents and inlaws who have helped and loved me so very much. The meals have been a GODSEND! Thank you all for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment