Sunday, February 10, 2013

Plans have changed!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. It has taken me a bit of time to digest the latest information that we have received. 

So after the last week of doctors appointments we have finally decided on me having a double mastectomy.  It has been a really hard and emotionally draining decision for both me and my family.  We do feel that it is the right direction to go. After dealing with all of the complications and pain from the last surgery I am not looking forward to dealing with that again. The plus side to all of this is that I get a free boob job;-) To all those out there where that is a bit of TMI, sorry but this is a definite positive for me!

So what the plan for this week is I will be meeting with my surgeon to remove my drain, yeahhhhh!!!!!! This is exciting because I will finally get a few showers in before my next surgery.  I will also be meeting with my plastic surgeon. When asking Bry if he can be available for this appointment he asked me if they would have models there to pick out sizes during the appointment!?!?!  We are definitely trying to hold on to our humor:-) When they do the surgery they will at the same time install the port for chemo, as well as do the reconstructive surgery.  I will know more details toward the end of the week.  This means that chemo will be put off for at least 4-6 week after my surgery so I am completely healed. 

As always leaving on a positive note... Because I am having the mastectomy I may not have to get radiation and I get a boob job!!  I also will not have to put my wigs to use  for another month or two:-)

2 comments:

  1. You are so amazing and brave!!! I am here for anytime you need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have to go thru with this can we assume the genetic testing did not come in your favor? Wishing you a speedy recovery from surgery. Ou will get thru this Amanda you are a strong woman!!

    ReplyDelete