Wednesday, January 23, 2013

GREAT NEWS!!!

So it has been a really exhausting couple of days. After having the surgery I thought I would be back on my feet much quicker than I did. My parents had the kids from Thurs, when I had the surgery, until Monday early afternoon. It was really nice to relax and concentrate on getting myself healed from the surgery without having to worry about the needs of 3 little people. I missed them like crazy but was VERY worried about getting them back when I was still suppose to take it easy and not lift more than 5lbs. Tell that to my very stubborn 2 year old!

I am getting back to normalish in the last few days. It is still exhausting getting the kids needs met along with trying to take it easy.

Today I had an appointment with my surgeon to have a check up as well as to get the results of  my lumpectomy and anxillary lymph node dissection. THEY TOOK OUT MY NASTY DRAIN! I will not go into details onto that, gross stuff,  but it was the best thing EVER! They ended up taking out 11 lymph nodes. That is actually a very small amount for this type of surgery. Out of those 11 only ONE was cancerous!!!! That is my amazing news! We caught this so early that it did not travel that far. Because of the fact that only 1 node was cancerous I am still at a stage 2 cancer. Now to the OK news. I mentioned that they had a more complicated surgery because the pathologist found something in my breast that did not look 100% OK. So they decided to take out what they saw to test it. So the results came back that they found Ductal Insitu which is the beginning of cancer cells but they are constricted to the duct.  So that means that they want to take out all of the tissue around that spot. They scheduled that for Next thurs the 31st when I am going to get my port installed for my chemo. Tomorrow I have a MUGA scan (I have no idea what that means other than it is done in the Nuclear Medicine unit) and on Friday I am going for a PET scan (they inject radioactive stuff into me and take a ton of scans) as well as genetic testing. If the genetic testing comes back positive they will prob recommend a double mastectomy as well as taking my ovaries out. We will cross that bridge if we get there!

So at the end of the day I am feeling good! Scared out of my mind about chemo, but at the moment I am doing ok!

2 comments: